Zyvox is used to combat infections caused by Enterococcus faecium, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pneumonia, Streptococcus pyogenes, Streptococcus agalactiae, Streptococcus pyogenes.
Dosage and Direction
Zyvox should be consumed orally, twice a day, or as per the instructions of your doctor. Consume at proper intervals for optimum results. Zyvox can be taken with or without food. Never discontinue the medication mid-course. Complete the entire course of medication to prevent relapse. In case there is no improvement after 10 days, then you need to consult your doctor to discuss alternative treatment.
Word of Caution
- Extended consumption of Zyvox for more than 28 days may cause lactic acidosis.
- In case you feel light-headed, dizzy, weak, tired, breathless, drowsy, or experience pain the stomach and muscles, coupled with fatigue, or any other symptom, you need to speak to your doctor about the same.
- If you consume the medicine for more than 28 days, it may lead to blurring of the vision and other side effects.
- Patients suffering from phenylketonuria should not consume the liquid formulation as it may be fatal.
- Consuming Zyvox with antidepressants may cause serotonin syndrome.
- Stay away from consuming food high in tyramine content, or food that is rich in protein but not refrigerated properly.
- Pregnant and lactating women need to discuss the effects with the doctor before starting a course of Zyvox.
Patients who are hypersensitive to oxazolidinones antibiotics should abstain from consuming Zyvox. Like other medications, consuming Zyvox may trigger loose motions, pain in the head, stomach, muscles, and body; erratic breathing and sleeping, vomiting and skin allergies. In case you experience blurring of vision, abnormal bleeding or bruising or any other symptom then discontinue the medication and seek medical assistance.
As the drug interacts with other medicines, inform the doctor if you are consuming any antidepressant, herbal or non-herbal medication, dietary supplements, cancer or chemotherapy medicines and other forms of medication.
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any unusual symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Store Zyvox at room temperature between 20 and 25 C. Keep it away from the reach of children and pets. Discard all medicines, which have crossed the expiry date.
All the information provided is general in nature, and should not be used for self- medication or self-diagnosis. Follow the advice of your health care professional. All the information is true to the best of our knowledge, but we advise our customers to review and verify the same, before consuming the medication. Our website does not undertake the responsibility for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage caused due to the information provided or the effects of self-treatment.
10 Pill, 20 Pill, 30 Pill, 60 Pill