Zetia helps to treat high blood cholesterol. When combined with a low-fat, low- cholesterol diet, it gives better results. Besides this, Zetia also helps in treating high blood sitosterol as well as campesterol. However, Zetia is not used to prevent heart attacks or any other heart-related disorder.
Dosage and Directions
- Zetia should be consumed orally with or without food.
- Usually, patients consume 10 mg once a day. However, patients who need more reduction in LDL-C can consume up to 40 mg every day.
- Follow the directions of your doctor, who will prescribe the accurate dosage depending on your medical history and requirement.
Word of Warning
- Never consume it without the permission of the doctor.
- Patients suffering from any liver disorders should abstain from taking this medicine.
- Pregnant and lactating women need to stay away from this medicine unless prescribed by the doctor.
- Alcohol consumption may increase the side effects of the medicine.
- Patients who are allergic to any component of Zetia need to stay away from it.
Consuming Zetia may cause allergies, abnormal pain and weakness in the muscles, lack of appetite, claying stools, stomachache, yellowed fever, pain in the chest, head, back, joint or stomach, sore throat, peeling of the skin, loose motions, dizzy spells, mood swings, runny nose, and other symptoms. In case you notice any abnormal sign, then you need to inform the doctor of the same.
Zetia interacts cholestyramine, colestipol, colesevelam, gemfibrozil, cyclosporine, blood thinners, and other medicines. Hence you need to inform your doctor of your complete medical history before you start the dosage of Zetia.
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any unusual symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Zetia should be stored at room temperature between 59 and 77 degrees F. It should never be kept in places that are bright and moist. Never keep it within reach of children or pets. Discard all medicines after expiry date.
All the information provided is general in nature, and should not be used for self-medication or self-diagnosis. Follow the advice of your health care professional. All the information is true to the best of our knowledge, but we advise our customers to review and verify the same, before consuming the medication. Our website does not undertake the responsibility for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage caused due to the information provided or the effects of self-treatment.