Zestril falls into the category of ACE inhibitors. It stops the conversion of angiotensin I to angiotensin II, reduces the arteriolar resistance and increases venous capacity. It helps in treating congestive heart failure, hypertension and is effective in speeding up the recovery process post heart attack.
Dosage and Direction
- Zestril can be consumed with or without food.
- Follow a proper schedule to take the medicine
- Never consume it with an antacid as it may trigger side effects.
- Follow the instructions of your doctor before changing the dosage or the duration of the medication.
Word of Caution
- Never consume it with alcohol.
- Zestril is harmful to the fetus; hence it is not suitable for pregnant women.
- Never consume salt substitutes or potassium supplements while on a course of Zestril.
- It is better to drink plenty of water.
- Patients suffering from allergy to lisinopril or any other ACE inhibitor should abstain from consuming Zestril.
- Monitor the blood pressure levels regularly while on medication.
- At times Zestril increases the level of potassium, due to which the heart beats become slow, and muscles become weak.
- At times it also causes hives, rush and other allergic reactions.
- Patients also complain of pain in the head, abnormal tiredness, nausea, loose motions, dizzy spells, dry cough, blurring of vision and many more.
- In case these symptoms manifest, then immediately inform your doctor.
- Keep track of the changes in the volume and frequency of urination.
- In rare cases, Zestril also causes liver disorders. Hence patients who have jaundice, yellow eyes, or darkening of urine should immediately inform the doctor.
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any unusual symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Zestril should be kept at room temperature between 15 and 30 C in a box which is resistant to light. It should be kept away from the reach of children and pets.
All the information provided is general in nature, and should not be used for self-medication or self-diagnosis. Follow the advice of your health care professional. All the information is true to the best of our knowledge, but we advise our customers to review and verify the same, before consuming the medication. Our website does not undertake the responsibility for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage caused due to the information provided or the effects of self-treatment.
2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg
30 Pill, 60 Pill, 90 Pill, 120 Pill, 180 Pill, 270 Pill, 360 Pill