Zebeta is a beta-adrenergic receptor blocking agent, which helps to reduce the blood pressure and heart rate, by lessening the impact of the heart contractions.
Dosage and Direction
- Follow the instructions of your doctor.
- Never modify the dosage without prior permission.
- Do not discontinue the medication suddenly, as it may trigger withdrawal symptoms.
Word of Warning
- As Zebeta affects concentration, hence you need to avoid any task which requires focus and concentration.
- Never take medicine without the consent of your doctor.
- Diabetes patients and patients suffering from bronchi should discuss the side effects with the doctor before starting the course of Zebeta.
- Zebeta is not suitable for patients who suffer from cardiogenic shock, atrioventricular block, sick sinus syndrome, bradycardia, hypotension, and others.
- It is not suitable for patients who are using MAO inhibitors as part of their treatment.
- Pregnant and nursing females should not consume Zebeta.
- It is not suitable for children below the age of 12 years.
The side effects of Zebeta are usually temporary. Patients complain of reduced heart rate, confusion, hallucinations, nausea, drop in the blood pressure levels, impotence, numb feeling, tingling sensation, burning in the urine, throat issues, breathlessness, wheezing, cramps, diarrhea, giddy
spells, unusual tiredness, mood swings, and pain in the head. In case you notice any such symptom, then you need to inform your doctor of the same.
Zebeta interacts with many drugs. Its effect is reduced if taken with Rifampin. On the other hand, taking it with medicines which are Ca+ channel blocks and digoxin increases the effects of Zebeta, causing side effects. In case a patient has been treated with MAO inhibitor, then the patient should start Zebatra only a fortnight later.
Avoid missing doses, but if you do happen to skip a dose you can take it whenever you remember. But if there are only 4 hours left for the next dose, then you should skip the dose and revert to the original schedule.
Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any unusual symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Zebeta should be kept at room temperature between 15 and 30 C in a container which is light- resistant. Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
All the information provided is general in nature, and should not be used for self-medication or self-diagnosis. Follow the advice of your health care professional. All the information is true to the best of our knowledge, but we advise our customers to review and verify the same, before consuming the medication. Our website does not undertake the responsibility for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage caused due to the information provided or the effects of self-treatment.