Wellbutrin is an antidepressant which helps to cure major depressive disorders. It also helps patients to quit smoking by lowering the craving and lowering the impact of withdrawal. Besides this, it also has other medical benefits.
Dosage and Directions
- Wellbutrin should be consumed orally with a glassful of water.
- It should be swallowed whole instead of crushing, breaking, or chewing it, and else it may cause a rapid release of the drug, causing side effects like seizures.
- Follow the instructions of your doctor while consuming Wellbutrin to ensure that you take the accurate dosage.
- Never modify the dosage or consume the medicine for extended durations.
- Discontinuing the medicine mid-course may trigger extreme side effects and withdrawal symptoms.
- At times, the doctor may modify the dosage to improve the response. Wellbutrin can be taken with or without food.
- The shell of the extended-release tablet often passes into the stools, but there is no risk in this.
- Consuming Wellbutrin may give positive results in a drug screening test.
Wellbutrin should be stored at room temperature in places which are not too moist or hot.
Word of Warning
- Never consume Wellbutrin if you suffer from seizures or epilepsy or if you have had a head injury in recent times.
- Patients taking medicines containing bupropion hydrochloride should not consume Wellbutrin.
- Patients who are alcoholic or have suddenly given up on drinking, or patients using sedatives to induce sleep should not take Wellbutrin.
- Patients who have taken an MAOI within a fortnight should stay away from Wellbutrin.
- Wellbutrin is not suitable for people suffering from eating disorders like anorexia nervosa or bulimia.
- Patients who are allergic to any component of Wellbutrin should not consume it.
- Patients suffering from depression, suicidal tendencies, or similar mental issues should inform the doctor before starting a course of Wellbutrin.
- Wellbutrin is not suitable for pregnant ladies as it is harmful to the fetus.
- Women who are nursing should not take Wellbutrin as it may have adverse effects on the child.
- Wellbutrin is not suitable for diabetic patients, or those with liver, kidney, or heart disorders.
- It is not suitable for patients suffering from a tumor in the nervous system.
- Patients who are addicted to drugs or alcohol may suffer from fatal side effects if they consume Wellbutrin.
- Never discontinue any sedative suddenly, as it may lead to withdrawal symptoms. Instead, talk to your doctor regarding how to reduce the risk of side effects.
- Consuming decongestants, stimulants, or diet supplements increases the risk of seizures while consuming Wellbutrin.
- Never prolong the duration of the medication, as it may increase the risk of side effects like seizures.
- Never modify the dosage without the consent of the doctor.
- It is always important to discuss your complete medical history as well as the list of medicines you are taking before you embark on a course of Wellbutrin.
Wellbutrin causes drowsy and dizzy spells along with blurring of the vision; hence, one should never drive or undertake any tasks which require concentration and focus. Wellbutrin increases the risk of seizures, especially in patients who consume alcohol. At times, consuming Wellbutrin may also cause mood swings like depression, restlessness, irritation, panic spells, abnormal mood changes, and so on. Besides this, patients also suffer from sleeplessness, if consumed just before going to bed. As old people and children are more prone to the side effects, they need to be observed strictly while the medication is going on. In case you notice any abnormal symptom or significant behavioral change, then you need to consult the doctor immediately. Other lesser harmful side effects include dryness in the mouth, pain in the head, muscles or stomach, frequent urination, lack of hunger, broken sleep, vomiting, fatigue, sudden change in the weight, rashes, swelling, blacking out, erratic heartbeats, hallucinations, changes in the menstrual cycle, mood swings, peeling skin, and others.
30 Pill, 60 Pill, 20 Pill, 90 Pill, 120 Pill, 180 Pill, 270 Pill, 360 Pill