Diclofenac is an NSAID which is used to reduce the irritation and pain in the joints. It is also helpful in easing the pain and discomfort during menstruation and dysmenorrhea.
Dosage and Direction
- Voltaren should be consumed orally with a glassful of water.
- Never crush, cut or chew the tablet
- Follow the instructions of your doctor regarding the dosage and duration of medication.
- Never discontinue the medication mid-course.
Word of Warning
- Voltaren is not suitable for patients who are hypersensitive to sodium.
- You need to ensure that you never take it with any lithium supplements.
- Never consume alcohol and other drugs while the course of medication is going on.
- Discuss your allergy list with your doctor before you decide on a course of medication.
- Old people and children are more prone to side effects.
- Patients who have Parkinson’s disease, or having any kidney liver or heart disorder need to be cautious during medication.
Consuming Voltaren may cause dryness in the mouth, dizzy spells, irritation, sleeplessness, urine retention, and other symptoms. In case you notice any unusual symptoms, then you need to inform your doctor immediately.
Voltaren interacts with NSAIDs belonging to the salicylate family, anticoagulants and other medicines. Hence you need to inform your doctor about any medications that you are taking before starting on a course of Voltaren.
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any unusual symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Voltaren should be stored at room temperature between 68 and 77 degrees F out of the reach of children and pets. Never keep it in the bathroom. Keep it in places which are not too bright or moist.
All the information provided is general in nature, and should not be used for self-medication or self-diagnosis. Follow the advice of your health care professional. All the information is true to the best of our knowledge, but we advise our customers to review and verify the same, before consuming the medication. Our website does not undertake the responsibility for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage caused due to the information provided or the effects of self-treatment.