Vantin is a cephalosporin anti-microbial which is used to control mild disorders caused by certain microorganisms. It modifies the microorganisms’ cell divider arrangement to enable the passage of microscopic organisms.
- Consume Vantin orally, before or after meals.
- Follow the instructions of your doctor to decide on the dosage and duration of medication.
- Avoid changing the time of the medication every day.
- Ensure that you complete the entire course of medication, else there are chances of relapse.
- In case you have consumed any antacid, then you need to have a gap of around 2 hours before you consume Vantin.
- Never consume a double dose, and in case you have accidentally consumed a double dose, then inform your doctor about it immediately.
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any unusual symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Vantin should be stored at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F away from the reach of children and pets. It can also be stored for a short while in temperatures between 59 to 86 degrees F Keep it far from places which are too hot, moist or bright. Never keep it in the bathroom.
Word of Caution:
- As the active ingredient of Vantin is Cefpodoxime proxetil, patients suffering from an allergy to it or any other active ingredient of Vantin should never consume it.
- Some medicines interact with Vantin, hence you need to inform your doctor about any herbal, non-herbal or dietary supplement you are consuming.
- Pregnant or lactating women need to discuss the side effects before they start a course of Vantin.
- Patients suffering from lung, stomach or intestinal infections should discuss the medication with the doctor.
- Diabetic patients and patients suffering from skin allergies should also speak to the doctor before consuming Vantin.
- Consuming Vantin may cause mild diarrhea. However, if it persists or becomes severe, then you need to consult your doctor.
- Never try self-medication in case of side effects.
- Never modify the dosage or the term of medication without prior consultation of the doctor. In case you change or discontinue the medication mid-course, there is a chance of relapse. Also, the bacteria may become less resistant to the medicine, making the process of recovery more challenging.
- Never continue the medication for an extended duration, as it may cause side effects or trigger another infection, requiring additional medications.
- Vantin is not suitable for ladies who are breastfeeding.
Like other medications, Vantin too may trigger diarrhea, pain in the head, flu, sore throat, upset stomach, nausea, or loose motions. Other symptoms include skin allergies, breathlessness, swelling of the face, blood in the stools, seizures, vaginal discharge, and itching.
However, as this is not a comprehensive list of side effects, you need to watch out for any abnormalities and inform your doctor at the onset itself.
30 Pill, 60 Pill, 90 Pill, 120 Pill, 180 Pill, 270 Pill