Trimox helps to cure infections caused by some microscopic organisms. It also helps to cure Helicobacter pylori disease and ulcers when combined with other medicines. It is gets rid of sensitive microbes.
Follow the instructions of your doctor before you consume Trimox. Trimox should be consumed orally with or without water. In case you suffer from an irritable bowel movement, then it is better to consume it with food.
Term of Medication
- Ensure that you complete the entire course of medication, even if the infection is cured earlier. Discontinuing the medicine half-way through the course may make you prone to a relapse or a second infection.
- Never consume Trimox for extended durations after the course of medication is complete unless advised by your doctor.
- Never modify the dosage or frequency of medication without consulting the doctor.
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any abnormal symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Never modify the dosage or the term of medication without prior consultation of the doctor. In case you modify or discontinue the medication mid-course, there are chances of relapse. Also, the bacteria may become less resistant to the medicine, making the process of recovery more challenging.
Trimox should be stored at less than 68 degrees F far from the reach of children and pets. Never keep it in places which are hot, moist or bright. Never store it in the bathroom.
- As the active ingredient in Trimox is Amoxicillin, patients suffering from an allergy to this or to any other penicillin antibiotic should not consume it.
- Patients who have received or are scheduled to receive a live typhoid oral vaccine should not consume Trimox.
- It is not suitable for patients suffering from infectious mononucleosis.
- Inform your doctor about any allergy you may be having.
- Also, update your medical history along with the list of medicines or dietary supplements you are consuming.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from any liver, kidney or heart ailment.
- As some medicines like Anticoagulants, probenecid and others interact with Trimox, you need to inform your doctor about the complete list of medicines you are taking.
Word of Caution
- At times, Trimox may trigger dizzy spells, which could worsen if consumed with alcohol or other medication. Hence it is better to avoid driving or indulging in other activities which need you to remain alert.
- Trimox is not used to cure any viral infections.
- Usually patients consuming antibiotics may experience mild diarrhea, however, if the condition persists, you may need to seek medical assistance. Never try to cure this yourself.
- Hormonal birth control medicines lose their efficiency when consumed with Trimox, hence you may need to take additional birth control methods.
- Some patients experience discoloration of the teeth. However, this is just a temporary effect, which will reduce with regular brushing and maintaining proper oral hygiene.
- Trimox may cause the results of urine glucose tests to be inaccurate, and hence diabetic patients need to inform their doctor and the lab before undertaking any medication.
- Elders and children below the age of 10 are more prone to the side effects of Trimox.
- Speak to your doctor about the potential risk to the fetus if you are consuming Trimox during pregnancy. Also, ask about the effects on the child if you are breastfeeding.
Trimox may trigger diarrhea, giddy spells, flu, sore throat, skin allergies, vaginal discharge, skin irritation, abnormal bleeding, and bruising, paleness and the yellowness of the skin, seizures, stomachache, and other disorders.
However, as this is not a comprehensive list of side effects, you need to watch out for any abnormalities, and inform your doctor at the onset itself.