Tricor is used in the treatment of patients suffering from lipid disorders or extremely high triglyceride levels in the blood. Teaming it with the right diet, it helps to speed up the transfer of cholesterol from very Low-Density Lipoproteins to Antiatherogenic High-Density Lipoproteins. When taking in combination with the right diet plan, it will give faster results.
Dosage and Direction
- Tricor should be consumed orally with a glass of water.
- Usually, patients are recommended to consume 160 mg thrice a day.
- Patients using it to treat high triglyceride levels require an initial dose of 54 mg per day, which is steadily increased every month until it reaches 160 mg in case there is no improvement.
- Never discontinue the medicine without the consent of the doctor.
Word of Warning
- Patients consuming Tricor regularly need to monitor the activity of transaminases, and in case there is an increase in the ALT, then the medicine needs to be immediately discontinued.
- Tricor may also lead to the formation of gallstones.
- Patients who are allergic to the components of Tricor should abstain from it.
Tricor may trigger side effects in the form of Cholelithiasis, nausea, loose motions, vomiting, myalgia, myositis, rhabdomyolysis, acute renal failure, dizzy spells, pain in the head, back or stomach, extreme tiredness, loss of potency, skin allergies. In case you notice any such abnormal symptom, then you need to inform the doctor immediately.
Tricor interacts with blood thinners, cyclosporine, MAO inhibitors, diabetic medicines, birth control pills, statins, and high-dose niacin and other medications . Hence it is important to discuss the complete medical history and share the list of medicines that you are taking before you start a course of Tricor.
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any unusual symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Tricor should be stored at room temperature between 59 and 77 F. It should be kept in places where there is no light or moisture. Never keep it within reach of children or pets. Ensure that you discard any leftover medicines after the expiry date.
All the information provided is general in nature, and should not be used for self-medication or self-diagnosis. Follow the advice of your health care professional. All the information is true to the best of our knowledge, but we advise our customers to review and verify the same, before consuming the medication. Our website does not undertake the responsibility for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage caused due to the information provided or the effects of self-treatment.
30 Pill, 60 Pill, 90 Pill, 120 Pill, 180 Pill, 270 Pill, 360 Pill