Suprax is a cephalosporin anti-infection, which helps to cure infections caused by certain microbes.
Suprax should be consumed orally either with or without food. In case you suffer from irritable stomach, then we recommend consuming it with food. Follow the instructions of your physician while consuming Suprax. Never discontinue the medication midway, as it may trigger a relapse. Further, it
may also make the bacteria less sensitive to the medication, making it difficult to cure in case of a second infection.
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any abnormal symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance. Never modify the dosage without prior consultation of your doctor.
Never consume Suprax for an extended duration, as it may trigger a second infection and may trigger other side effects.
Suprax should be stored at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F away from the reach of children and pets. Never keep it in the bathroom. Ensure that it is kept in a place which is neither too hot nor too humid.
Word of Warning
- As the active ingredient in Suprax is Cefixime, you should avoid it if you are allergic to it.
- People allergic to other cephalosporins too should abstain from consuming Suprax.
- As some medicines such as anticoagulants, carbamazepine, and others interact with Suprax, you should inform your doctor about any medication or dietary supplement you are following.
- Pregnant and lactating women need to inform their doctor before consuming Suprax.
- Patients suffering from acute allergies, kidney and liver disorders, and other issues should consult a doctor before consuming Suprax.
- Suprax reduces the efficiency of live typhoid vaccines.
- Suprax modifies the results of urine glucose or ketones readings and hence diabetic patients need to discuss the same with their doctor.
- Suprax also makes some lab tests inaccurate, and hence you need to inform your doctor before undertaking any test.
- Suprax does not help in curing viral infections.
- Consuming Suprax often triggers spells of dizziness, which may worsen if consumed with alcohol or other medicines. Hence you need to abstain from driving and undertaking risky tasks for a while after consuming it.
- As the potency of the dosage is not the same in all forms, never switch forms without consulting with your doctor.
- Although mild diarrhea is a common reaction, if the condition worsens or persists, then you need to discontinue the medication and seek medical assistance.
- Never indulge in self-medication to cure the side effects.
- Speak to your doctor if you are pregnant or lactating.
Like any other medication, Suprax too has its own set of side effects, such as diarrhea, irritable bowel movement, stomachache, nausea, skin allergies, flu, redness, soreness, bruising, bleeding, seizures, vaginal itch, yellowing of the skin and other similar symptoms.
In case you notice anything abnormal then immediately discontinue the
medication and inform your doctor about it.
120 Pill, 180 Pill, 270 Pill, 30 Pill, 360 Pill, 60 Pill, 90 Pill