Sominex is an anthihistamine, which aids in curing mild incidents of Parkinson’s diseases. It also helps to relax and relieve the mind. It is also used to cure wheezing, runny nose, tingling, watery eyes, hives, rashes, and other forms of allergies as well viral infections.
Dosage and Directions
- Sominex should be consumed with a glassful of water.
- This medicine can be taken either with food or without.
- For patients using it to induce sleep, Sominex should be consumed half an hour before going to bed.
- Patients consuming it for motion sickness should take it half an hour before traveling. The next dose should be taken with meals, as well as once before going to bed.
- Patients consuming the liquid medicine, should measure the dose with a measuring cup or spoon, instead of a regular spoon to ensure accurate dosage.
- Never consume more than 300 mg in a day.
- Never consume an overdose.
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any abnormal symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Sominex should be stored at room temperature. It should not be kept in places which are moist or directly exposed to heat and sunlight. Ensure that it is not kept within the reach of children or pets.
Word of Warning
- Sominex should not be consumed by patients who have taken any MAOI within the last fortnight, as it may be fatal.
- Patients suffering from glaucoma, stomach ulcer, enlarged prostate, bladder issues, hyperthyroid issues, blood pressure or heart ailments, and asthma should inform the doctor before starting on a dose of Sominex.
- Lactating ladies should not consume Sominex.
- Inform the doctor in case of pregnancy while on medication.
- Patients who are more than 60 years old should consult the doctor regarding the suitable dosage as they may be more prone to the side effects.
Although Sominex is safe to consume, at times patients complain side effects in the form of allergies, swelling of the face or limbs, hives, issues in urination, dryness in the mouth, pain in the head or limbs, exertion, dizzy spells, drowsiness, and so on.
Sominex interacts with over-the-counter cold, cough and allergy medicines. This edicine also interacts with other anxiety and sleeping medicines.
Besides this, it also interacts with many other medicines, and so the doctor needs to be updated about the patient’s complete medical history, including any medicines or dietary supplements being consumed before starting a course of Sominex.