Singulair helps to ease asthma, by combating leukotrienes, thus relieving wheezing, runny or stuffy nose and other similar ailments.
Singulair should be consumed daily. It should be swallowed whole with either water or milk.
In case you opt for the chewable variant, then ensure that you chew it entirely instead of swallowing it, for best results.
Dosage as per the Age
- Children over 15 years should consume 10 mg per day.
- Children between the age of 6 and 14 years should consume 5 mg per day
- Children between the age of 2 and 5 years should consume 4 mg per day
- Children between the age of 6 and 23 months should consume only 4 mg per day in the form of oral granules. However, the safety and effectiveness in case of children less than a year old remain unclear; hence one needs to be cautious while administering this medicine to infants.
Note: The ideal time to take medicine is evening.
Never consume the medicine without the recommendation of the doctor.
Word of Warning
- Never use it to treat severe asthma attacks.
- Never substitute it abruptly for inhaled or oral corticosteroids.
- Athma patients should stay away from aspirin and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicines while on Singulair.
- Read the ingredients carefully to know if you are allergic to any component of Singulair.
Side effects may trigger breathlessness, swelling, rashes in the skin, numb sensation, weakened muscles, pain, trembling and shivering, sinus, irritation, acute asthma, pain in the head, stomach teeth, or muscles; fatigue, fever, sore throat, and other symptoms. In case any unusual symptom manifests then immediately discontinue using Singulair and inform your doctor.
- Singulair interacts with cisapride; methscopolamine nitrate; nitrates and other sildenafil products.
- It also interacts with high blood pressure medications.
- It interacts with medicines used to treat HIV or AIDS
- Antifungal medicines also interact with Singulair
- It is essential to inform your doctor about your complete medical history and allergy list before starting a course of Singulair.
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any unusual symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Overdose may trigger parched throat, sleepiness, dilating of pupils, and hyper muscle movements, or acute stomach ache. In case you notice these symptoms, inform your doctor about it.
Singulair should be stored at room temperature between 59 and 77 degrees F away from the reach of children and pets. Never keep it places which are too bright or humid. Never consume the medicine after the expiry date.
All the information provided is general in nature, and should not be used for self-medication or self-diagnosis. Follow the advice of your health care professional. All the information is true to the best of our knowledge, but we advise our customers to review and verify the same, before consuming the medication. Our website does not undertake the responsibility for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage caused due to the information provided or the effects of self-treatment.