Provigil is an antihistamine, which modifies the synapses in the brain, helping to improve attentiveness.
Dosage and Directions
- Follow the instructions of your doctor regarding the accurate dosage.
- Never modify the dosage without the consent of your doctor.
- Never consume the medicine for extended duration, nor discontinue it abruptly.
- Discuss your complete medical history with the doctor, before embarking on a course of Provigil.
- The dosage differs from person to person, depending on the health condition and other factors. But in most cases, patients are administered 200 mg tablets.
- Never consume this medicine for more than 12 weeks.
- Avoid driving and indulging in other tasks which require concentration and focus, while on medication.
Word of Warning
- Inform the doctor if you are allergic to any of the components of Provigil.
- At times, this medicine causes skin reactions, which may require medical assistance.
- In case you notice any skin allergy or irritation, then immediately discontinue the medicine and inform the doctor of the same.
- Patients suffering from angina, liver, kidney or heart issues need to inform the doctor before embarking on a course of Provigil.
- Pregnant or lactating ladies need to inform the doctor before starting this medicine.
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any abnormal symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Side effects may be in the form of skin allergies, rashes, fever, yellowing of the skin, swelling, anxiety attacks, suicidal tendencies, and so on. In case you notice these or any other abnormal symptoms, then its time to inform the doctor of the same.