Paroxetine is a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor, which helps in the treatment of severe depression related to mood disorders. Besides this, it is also used to treat body dysmorphic disorder as well as anxiety.
Dosage and Directions
- Paxil should be consumed orally with a glassful of water.
- It can be taken either with or without food.
- Never cut, crush, or chew this medicine.
- Never modify the dosage without the permission of the doctor.
- Never discontinue the medicine mid-course, as it may trigger withdrawal symptoms.
- Follow all the instructions from your doctor.
Word of Warning
- Patients who have bipolar disorder should inform their doctor about their medical condition.
- Patients suffering from eye issues, liver or kidney disorders to need to discuss the side effects of the medicine with their doctor.
- Old people are more prone to side effects.
- This medicine should not be used during pregnancy.
- Patients who are allergic to any of the active or passive components of Paxil should abstain from it.
- Inform your doctor about any herbal or non-herbal medicine you are taking.
- You also need to inform your doctor if you are on any dietary supplement.
Paxil often causes erratic pulse rate, trembling, blurring of vision, loose motions, fever, anxiety and panic attacks, and other issues. If you notice any change in your behavior of body, then you need to inform your doctor about the same.
Paxil interacts with MAO inhibitors, Antiarrhythmic drugs, Serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors, Antipsychotics, H2-receptor antagonists, and other medicines. Hence you need to share your complete medical history with your doctor to prevent side effects.
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any unusual symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Paxil can be stored at room temperature between 68 and 77 degrees F far from
the reach of pets and children. Never keep it places that are too bright or moist.
Never keep it in the bathroom.
All the information provided is general in nature, and should not be used for self-medication or self-diagnosis. Follow the advice of your health care professional. All the information is true to the best of our knowledge, but we advise our customers to review and verify the same, before consuming the medication. Our website does not undertake the responsibility for any direct, indirect, special, or other indirect damage caused due to the information provided or the effects of self-treatment.