Lisinopril is an ACE inhibitor, which helps to control hypertension in kids more than 6 years old, and adults. It also helps to relax the blood vessels, making them expand to avoid strokes, heart attacks, and kidney issues. It is also helpful in the process of acute myocardial recovery.
Dosage and Direction
- Follow the instructions of your doctor.
- Adults usually need to take this medicine only once a day. But the dosage differs from patient to patient, depending on the ailment, and the intensity of the illness.
- A general dosage ranges from 2.5 to 5mg per day, while the maximum dosage allowed is 80 mg.
- Blood pressure should be monitored at regular intervals during the treatment.
- Besides these other functions and levels like protein level, plasma potassium, urea nitrogen, creatinine, renal function, blood picture, and body weight should be monitored regularly.
- General anesthetics and other pre-surgery medicines, if taken along with Lisinopril, may trigger side effects.
- Patients who are hypersensitive to Lisinopril and any of its ingredients should stay away from it.
- Lisinopril is not suitable for pregnant or nursing women.
Consuming Lisinopril may cause pain in the head, chest, and abdomen. It may also trigger dizzy spells, sleeplessness, trembling, convulsions, blurring of vision, palpitation, dry cough, tumor in the lungs, breathlessness, heartburn, upset stomach, renal failure, lower libido, impotence, pain in the limbs, arthritis, syndrome of Stevens-Johnson and other ailments.
In case you notice any abnormal symptom at the onset of medication, then you need to inform your doctor immediately.
Lisinopril interacts with gold injections used to cure arthritis, lithium, potassium supplements, salt substitutes, insulin or oral diabetes medication, NSAIDs, diclofenac, etodolac, indomethacin diuretics, and other medicines. Hence it is advised to inform your doctor about the complete list of medications that you are taking.
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any unusual symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Lisinopril should be kept at room temperature far from the reach of children and pets. Never keep it in places that are moist and hot.
All the information provided is general in nature, and should not be used for self-medication or self-diagnosis. Follow the advice of your health care professional. All the information is true to the best of our knowledge, but we advise our customers to review and verify the same, before consuming the medication. Our website does not undertake the responsibility for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage caused due to the information provided or the effects of self-treatment.