Floxin is part of anti-microbial medications which work against infections. It is used to cure people suffering from ear, nose and throat disorders, skin issues, stomach irritation, and irritation in the kidney, and urinary tract, and other similar issues.
Dosage and Directions
- Floxin should never be consumed with food.
- It should not be consumed with antacids, minerals, and iron-rich vitamins, as they will prevent Floxin from being absorbed.
- The dosage will differ for patients suffering from acute liver and kidney disorders.
- Follow the proper instructions of your doctor and never modify the dosage without proper consultation.
Consuming Floxin makes the skin sensitive to sunlight, and hence direct exposure to sunlight should be avoided while the course of treatment is going on.
Who Can Consume Floxin?
- Floxin should not be consumed by patients who have epilepsy.
- It is not suitable for children below the age of 15.
- It is not suitable for patients who are hypersensitive to quinolones.
- Pregnant or lactating ladies should not consume Floxin.
As Floxin interacts with caffeine, theophylline, diabetes medicines, etc., caution should be taken before consumption. Side effects may trigger nauseous spells, loose motions, sleeplessness, itching, pain in the head, and similar reactions. At times, it may also cause skin hives, anxiety, hallucinations and other related symptoms of the nervous system.
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any unusual symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Overdose may trigger drowsiness, dizzy spells, slurring of the speech to name a few reactions. In case, any of these symptoms manifest themselves. You need to seek medical assistance immediately.
Floxin should be stored at room temperature between 59-77 degrees far from the reach of children and pets. It should be kept in a place which is not too bright or humid. Never consume the medicine after the expiry date.
All the information provided is general in nature, and should not be used for self-medication or self-diagnosis. Follow the advice of your health care professional. All the information is true to the best of our knowledge, but we advise our customers to review and verify the same, before consuming the medication. Our website does not undertake the responsibility for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage caused due to the information provided or the effects of self-treatment.