Dutas stops the testosterone in the body to get converted into dihydrotestosterone. As DHT causes Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Dutas helps in treating this condition in males suffering from enlarged prostate. This medicine enhances the flow of urine and helps to prevent prostate surgery at a later stage. This medicine may also be used in conjunction with Tamsulosin for better results.
Dosage and Directions
- Follow the instructions of the doctor regarding the accurate dosage.
- Never modify the dose without medical permission.
- Dutas should be swallowed whole with a glass of water.
- Never crush, chew or bite this medicine as it may trigger irritation in the lips, mouth or throat.
- Usually doctors prescribe a course of around 6 months, before there is adequate improvement.
- Never discontinue the medication mid-course, as it may aggravate the situation.
Dutas should be stored at room temperature. Never keep it in extreme temperature, as the capsule may turn soft and start leaking. Never keep it in moist places such as the bathroom. Discard any capsule that is damaged. Keep it away from the reach of kids or pets.
Dutas may interact with various medicines such as conivaptan, imatinib, isoniazid, antibiotics, erythromycin, telithromycin, antifungal medications, ketoconazole, miconazole, antidepressants, heart or blood pressure medicines, quinidine, HIV/AIDS medicines, and so on.
Hence it is essential to inform the doctor about any medicine or dietary supplement being consumed before starting a course of Dutas.
Dutas may cause side effects in the form of allergies, breathing issues, swelling of the face or limbs, drop in the sex drive, reduced semen discharge, impotence or erectile dysfunction, tenderness in the breast, and so on.
If these or any other symptoms are noticed, then immediately inform the doctor and seek medical assistance.
10 Pill, 120 Pill, 180 Pill, 20 Pill, 270 Pill, 30 Pill, 60 Pill, 90 Pill