Diovan helps by blocking angiotensin I receptors. It takes around 2 hours for the medicine to take effect, and its effect peaks in about 4 to 6 hours, lasting for an entire day. It is used by patients who have suffered a heart attack, as it helps to cure chronic heart failure.
Dosage and Direction
- Diovan should be consumed once in 24 hours. It can be consumed either with food or without food.
- Generally, 80 mg of the medicine is prescribed. However, at times the doctor may increase it to 160 mg.
- Never modify the potency without permission from the doctor.
- Never consume Diovan without the advice of your doctor. Precautions
- Diovan is not suitable for pregnant women, as it harms the fetus.
- Never discontinue the medication mid-term.
- At times, it may break down the skeletal muscle tissue, causing kidney failure. This will be observed if there is a pain in the muscle, change in the color of the urine, fever, or nausea. If you notice these or any other symptoms, then you need to discontinue the medication and seek immediate medical assistance immediately.
Word of Caution
- Patients suffering from hypersensitivity, biliary cirrhosis, bile duct obstruction, kidney
issues should not consume Diovan.
- It is not suitable for pregnant and lactating women.
Diovan interacts with Potassium-sparing diuretics, K+ medications, salts which contain K+ and so; one needs to be careful while consuming it with these medicines.
Common side effects include pain in the head, stomach, and muscles, dizzy spells,
sleeplessness, loose motions, vomiting, coughing, runny nose, and reduced renal functions. In some cases, it may also cause impotence. At times it may also trigger other allergic reactions.
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any unusual symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance. An overdose of the medicine may cause dizzy spells, erratic heartbeats, increase in the potassium levels in the blood, fainting, or kidney failure. If you realize that you have taken an overdose, immediately speak to your doctor and go for a complete check-up.
Diovan should be stored at room temperature between 15 to 30 C away from the reach of children and pets.
All the information provided is general in nature, and should not be used for self-medication or self-diagnosis. Follow the advice of your health care professional. All the information is true to the best of our knowledge, but we advise our customers to review and verify the same, before consuming the medication. Our website does not undertake the responsibility for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage caused due to the information provided or the effects of self-treatment.
80mg, 160mg, 40mg
30 Pill, 60 Pill, 90 Pill, 120 Pill, 180 Pill, 270 Pill, 360 Pill