Citalopram is an SSRI which helps in curing acute depression and mood swings. Additionally, it is also used to treat body dysmorphic disorder and anxiety.
Dosage and Directions
- Celexa should be consumed orally with a glassful of water.
- Never cut, chew, or bite this medicine as it may cause a rush in the release of the drug.
- Never alter the dosage without the permission of the doctor.
- Never discontinue the medication without the doctor’s recommendation, as it may cause withdrawal symptoms.
- Follow the instructions of your doctor while consuming the medicine.
Word of Warning
- In case you are allergic to any ingredient of Celexa, then you need to stay away from it.
- Patients who have bipolar disorder, eye, liver, or kidney disorders are more prone to side effects.
- Older people are more prone to side effects.
- Pregnant females should consume Celexa only under the recommendation of the doctor, and only if there is no other alternative available.
Consuming Celexa may trigger side effects in the form of blurring of vision anxiety, loose motions, nausea, vomiting, erratic pulse rate, and other disorders. In case you notice any unusual symptoms, then you need to inform your doctor of the same immediately.
Celexa interacts with MAO inhibitors, Antiarrhythmic drugs, SNRIs, Antipsychotics, H2-receptor antagonists, and other medicines. Hence it is essential to inform your doctor about any herbal or non-herbal medicine you are consuming. Further, if you are taking any dietary supplement then too, you need to notify the doctor.
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any unusual symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Celexa should be kept at room temperature between 68 and 77 degrees F away from the reach of children and pets. Never keep it in the bathroom. Avoid keeping it in bright and moist places.
All the information provided is general in nature, and should not be used for self-medication or self-diagnosis. Follow the advice of your health care professional. All the information is true to the best of our knowledge, but we advise our customers to review and verify the same, before consuming the medication. Our website does not undertake the responsibility for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage caused due to the information provided or the effects of self-treatment.