Being an antidepressant, Buspirone helps to cure OCD and similar anxiety disorders.
Dosage and Direction
- Buspar should be consumed orally with a glass of water.
- Swallow the medicine whole, with or without food.
- Never cut, crush, or chew the medicine.
- Follow the dosage instructions of your doctor.
- Never discontinue the medication without the consent of your doctor.
- Results will be visible only after regular consumption for the entire course.
Never consume alcohol, grapefruit, grapefruit juice when you are using Buspar. Patients who have bipolar disorders, eye, liver, kidney and heart issues need to inform their doctor of their medical history before consuming Buspar. Buspar may cause side effects for old people. Avoid this medicine during pregnancy.
Who should avoid Buspar?
- Pregnant or lactating women should stay away from Buspar.
- It is not suitable for children.
- Patients who are hypersensitive to its ingredients should abstain from consuming Buspar.
At times, Buspar may cause sleeplessness, trembling, blurring of vision, vomiting, increased temperature, or allergy. In case you notice any unusual symptoms after consuming the medicine,
you need to inform your doctor.
Buspar interacts with alcohol, grapefruit in the fruit, juice or extract form, haloperidol, and Rifampicin. Hence you need to be cautious before consuming these. Make sure that you discuss your complete medical history including any ailments and medication you have followed with your doctor.
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any unusual symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Buspar should be stored at room temperature between 68 and 77 degrees F, away from the reach of children and pets. Never keep it in places that are too bright or moist. Never keep it in the bathroom.
Discard in case the expiry date has passed.
All the information provided is general in nature, and should not be used for self-medication or self-diagnosis. Follow the advice of your health care professional. All the information is true to the best of our knowledge, but we advise our customers to review and verify the same, before consuming the medication. Our website does not undertake the responsible for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage caused due to the information provided or the effects of self-treatment.