Bentyl is an anticholinergic, which helps to ease the stomach and intestine to lessen the effects of cramps. This medicine is effective in curing irritable bowel syndrome, as well as for a host of other ailments.
Dosage and Directions
- Bentyl is a medicine which is injected intramuscularly by a doctor or a medical professional.
- It should never be injected intravenously.
- Never try to inject it yourself without proper training.
- Never inject more than the prescribed dosage of the medicine, as it may cause severe side effects.
Bentyl should be kept at room temperature between 68 and 77 degrees F in an airtight container. It should not be kept exposed to heat, moistures or bright lights. Never store it in the bathroom or any other moist place. Ensure that it is far from the reach of kids or pets.
Word of Warning
- Bentyl is not suitable for patients who are allergic to any of the components of this medicine.
- Patients suffering from blocked esophagus, stomach or intestine should stay away from this medicine.
- Patients suffering from glaucoma, bowel ulcers, myasthenia gravis, or heart issues shoul not take this medicine.
- Lactating women should also abstain from this medicine.
- Patients with severe heart, kidney, liver issues or those suffering from thyroid should inform the doctor before taking these injections.
Bentyl interacts with various medicines such as Amantadine, antihistamines benzodiazepines, MAOIs, narcotic pain medicines nitrates nitrites, phenothiazines, sympathomimetics, tricyclic antidepressants and other medicines.
Patients may complain of blurring in the vision, reduced perspiration, insomnia, dizzy spell, dryness in the mouth, giddiness, nausea, nervous spells and so on. At times, patients may also experience allergies, swelling of the limbs, breathlessness, loose motions, loss of focus, hallucinations, erratic heartbeats, loss of memory and other similar symptoms.
In case these or any other symptoms manifest, then the patient needs to immediately inform the doctor and seek medical assistance.