Benicar is used to control hypertension in both adults as well as kinds more than 6 years of age. However, it does not cure the symptoms of hypertension. Hence, it is used just to control the effect on the kidney, and heart. At times, it is also combined with circulatory strain drugs.
Dosage and Directions
- Follow the instructions of your doctor.
- Never alter the dosage and duration of medication, without the prior consent of the doctor. At times, the doctor may modify the dosage to get better results.
- Never discontinue the medicine without the permission of your doctor.
- Benicar should be consumed orally with a glass of water.
- It can be consumed either with or without food.
- It is recommended to monitor the blood pressure levels regularly while consuming the medicine, to track the response towards the medicine.
- Never skip your regular check-up schedule, while on medication, and after that.
- It may take around a month for the medicine to completely keep the blood pressure in check.
- In case you have a surgery scheduled, then the doctor may ask you to discontinue the medicine temporarily.
Word of Warning
- Inform your doctor about your medical history, including any swelling in the face or body parts, breathlessness, horse or tightness in the throat, heart, kidney or liver disorders, or any other ailment.
- You should also inform your doctor if you are following any diet, or are allergic to any medicine, food, dye or preservative.
- Pregnant and lactating women need to update their doctor of the medicines and supplements they are taking.
- Consuming alcohol along with the medicine may cause a drop in the blood pressure, and may trigger side effects.
- Avoid getting dehydrated in summer.
- Speak to your doctor about ways to remain hydrated.
- Do not over drink any liquid as it may cause equal harm as being dehydrated.
Word of Caution
- Benicar is not suitable for people who are allergic to any ingredients of the medicine.
- It is to be taken under the guidance of the doctor, in patients suffering from kidney, liver or heart disorders.
- Benicar is not suitable for pregnant women. Consuming this medicine during pregnancy may be fatal for the fetus. Hence, patients need to avoid pregnancy while on this medication.
- Nursing women also should stay away from Benicar, as its effects may cause harm to the baby.
In case you notice any allergies, hives, breathlessness, swelling in the face, or breaking down of the skeletal muscle tissues it may trigger kidney failure, you should immediately inform your doctor. Look out for any fatigue, decolored urine, vomiting sensation, blacking out feeling, pain in the chest, and yellowing of the skin and eyes, then to you need to speak to your doctor. Usually, it causes stomach ache, joint pain, dizzy spells, and dry cough. Besides this, you need to immediately inform the doctor if you feel any unusual sensation after taking medicine.
As Benicar interacts with many medicines, you need to inform your doctor about any medication you are consuming, including herbal, non-herbal or Dietary Supplements. Also tell your doctor if you regularly consume caffeine or alcohol, or if you are a
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any unusual symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Benicar should be stored at room temperature far from the reach of children and pets. Never keep it in places that are moist or hot.
All the information provided is general in nature, and should not be used for self-medication or self-diagnosis. Follow the advice of your health care professional. All the information is true to the best of our knowledge, but we advise our customers to review and verify the same, before consuming the medication. Our website does not undertake the responsibility for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage caused due to the information provided or the effects of self-treatment.