Advair Diskus helps to ease the effects of asthma by reducing the irritation in the lungs. When consumed over a period of time, it opens the air passage in the lungs, helping to ease the breathing process. However, it is not very effective in the wake of an acute asthma attack. You can consume it with other breath in as well as oral asthma medications.
Word of Warning:
- Patients suffering from an acute asthma attack, chicken pox, measles, diabetes, high BP, erratic heartbeats, blocked vessels of the heart, immunity disorders, infections, heart, or liver disorders, bone diseases, thyroid, or with a history of seizures or any other ailment need to inform the doctor before beginning to use Advair Diskus.
- Never consume this medicine during an asthma attack. In case you have severe coughing, wheezing, tightening of the chest, breathlessness, then you need to inform your doctor immediately.
- Ensure that you always have a short-acting asthma medicine like albuterol handy in case of an asthma attack
- Some vaccines cannot be taken while on Advair Diskus, hence you need to inform your doctor about any vaccine that you have taken or are due to take.
Dosage and Directions
- Always inhale Advair Diskus through the mouth.
- You need to shake the inhaler properly for around 5 seconds before you spray it.
- Before the first use, you need to do a test spray 4 times far from your face.
- In case the inhaler falls or has been unused for a month, then you need to prime it twice before using it.
- Never bring it in contact with your eyes.
- Rinse the mouth after consuming to reduce the medicine from building up.
- Never gulp that water.
- Keep the inhaler clean
- Follow the instructions of your doctor regarding the dosage, and never take an overdose.
- The medicine may need to be consumed for around 2 weeks before any substantial effect is noticed.
- Never share your inhaler with others.
- Go for regular check-ups while you are on Advair Diskus, to monitor your progress.
- Always keep a spare inhaler handy, in case you run out of medication.
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any unusual symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Advair Diskus interacts with many medicines used for High BP and heart disorders. It also interacts with some antibiotics, caffeine, cold and breathing medications, MAO inhibitors, medicines to cure mental disorders, weight loss medicines, steroids, thyroid medicines, water pills, and other similar medications. Hence, you need to inform your doctor about your entire medication history, including any ailment you may have suffered from in the past, and the course of medication undertaken.
Also inform your doctor in case you are consuming any herbal, non-herbal medicine, or dietary
supplement. People who smoke or drink alcohol regularly also need to update their doctor about this.
In case you do not see any improvement after two weeks, then you need to inform your doctor
about the same, or else if you notice that your breathing issue has aggravated and your regular Inhaler is not as effective as earlier. In such cases, you need to inform your doctor and discuss
and alternate line of treatment.
Like all medicines, Advair Diskus to has some side effects such as pain in the chest, stomach,
and head, abnormal chills, rashes on the skin, dizzy spells, white patches in the throat, blurring
of vision, nausea swelling, abnormal fatigue, irritation of the throat, continuous coughing,
unusual tiredness or weakness, trembling, loose motions, runny nose, and other ailments.
- Advair Diskus should be stored at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C.
- Always keep the mouthpiece facing downwards. Never keep it close to flames, or in heated places.
- Keep it away from the reach of children or pets.
100mcg, 500mcg, 250mcg
1 inhalers, 2 inhalers, 3 inhalers, 4 inhalers, 5 inhalers