Actos helps to keep the sugar levels in check for patients suffering from Type 2 diabetes, which is caused due to improper response of the body to insulin or insufficient production of insulin. Actos is known to enhance the body response to insulin instead of increasing the insulin output. Besides this, it also lowers the production of excess sugar in the liver. Actos can be used in combination with insulin injections and oral medications as well.
Dosage and Directions
- Actos should be consumed once a day, orally with or without food.
- It should be taken with a glassful of water.
- Follow the accurate dosage instructions of your doctor according to your health.
- Never discontinue the medicine mid-course.
- Never modify the dosage without the consent of the doctor.
- Consuming the medicine at a fixed time will help the body to respond to it better.
- The medicine may need to be consumed for around 2 to 3 months until the patient sees evident results.
- Regularly keep a check on the blood glucose levels to monitor the progress of the medicine.
Word of Warning
- Patients allergic to glitazones should not consume Actos.
- It is not suitable for patients who are allergic to any component of the medicine.
- Inform your doctor of your complete medical history before embarking on a course of Actos.
- Patients suffering from Type 1 Diabetes, heart issues, extremely high glucose levels, or liver issues, should speak to the doctor before starting a course of Actos.
- Patients who have extremely low or high blood sugar levels may experience blurring of the vision, dizzy spells, sleepiness, and fatigue. Hence, it is imperative to avoid any activities which require concentration and focus.
- Patients should avoid consuming alcohol as it may heighten the incidence of hypoglycemia.
- Patients suffering from flu, infection, or who have undergone surgery of any kind will face complications in keeping the blood sugar levels in check. Hence, they may require a modified or changed dose.
- Females facing fertility issues may experience changes in the ovulation cycle after taking this medicine.
- Pregnant women should consume it only under extreme conditions, and that too under proper medical supervision. Usually, doctors replace Actos with insulin substitutes for pregnant females.
- Nursing females need to abstain from consuming Actos.
Patients consuming Actos often complain of rapid heartbeat, profuse perspiration, blurring of vision, numb sensation, pain in the head, fatigue, acute hunger pangs, exhausted feeling, instability, dizzy spells, confusion, and a host of other conditions.
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any abnormal symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Actos interacts with anti-diabetic medications herbal or natural products like fenugreek. It also reduces the impact of some contraceptives, leaving the patients prone to unwanted pregnancy. Hence, the patients need to discuss alternative contraceptive methods with the doctors, while on Actos.
Actos should be kept at room temperature. Never keep it exposed to moisture or humidity. Never store it in a bathroom. Ensure that it is far from the reach of children or pets.
All the information provided is general in nature, and should not be used for self-medication or self-diagnosis. Follow the advice of your health care professional. All the information is true to the best of our knowledge, but we advise our customers to review and verify the same, before consuming the medication. Our website does not undertake the responsible for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage caused due to the information provided or the effects of self-treatment.
15mg, 45mg, 30mg
30 Pill, 60 Pill, 90 Pill, 120 Pill, 180 Pill, 270 Pill, 360 Pill