Aciphex helps to prevent acid from being produced in the stomach by blocking the (H+,K+)-ATPase enzyme system. It typically starts showing results within an hour, and is effective for around 2 to 4 hours. It helps to cure stomach ulcers, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, and gastroesophageal reflux disease. It also helps stomach ulcer or acute gastritis patients to get rid of Helicobacter pylori.
Dosage and Directions
- Usually the dosage depends on the patient’s condition.
- Typically patients suffering from acute duodenal ulcer need to consume 20 mg once a day. Ideally the medicine should be taken in the morning for around a month or 6 weeks.
- Patients suffering from H. pylori infection can discontinue the medicine after a week.
- Follow the proper instruction of the doctor regarding the dosage and duration of the medicine.
- Aciphex tables should be swallowed whole with a glassful of water.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Never crush, chew or break the medicine.
Word of Warning
- Patients who are allergic to any of the componets of Aciphex should stay away from it.
- Patients suffering from acute liver disorders or stomach cancer need to avoid this medicine.
- It is not suitable for children.
- Pregnant or nursing women should consume it only on the recommendation of the doctor.
- At times, the doctor may also prescribe some antibiotics for better results.
Aciphex may cause allergies, pain in the head, stomach or limbs, irritable bowel movement, sleeplessness, itching, dryness, dizzy spells or other similar disorders.
In case you notice any abnormal symptom, then you must inform the doctor of the same.
Aiphex interacts with many medicines and may often cause toxicity or reduced effectiveness. Hence it is important to discuss your complete medical history with your doctor. Also, inform the doctor of any medicine or supplement that you are consuming.
Missed or Overdose
In case you miss a dose and realize it close to the time of your next dose, then you can resume your regular schedule. Never consume a double dose, or consume two doses within a short time gap, else it may trigger side effects. In case you notice any abnormal symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Aciphex should be stored at room temperature between 59 and 77 F. It should be kept in dry places which are not too bright. Never keep it in the bathroom. Ensure that it is not within the reach of children or pets.
All the information provided is general in nature, and should not be used for self-medication or self-diagnosis. Follow the advice of your health care professional. All the information is true to the best of our knowledge, but we advise our customers to review and verify the same, before consuming the medication. Our website does not undertake the responsible for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage caused due to the information provided or the effects of self-treatment.